Children thrive when given the freedom to create and discover.
“Here Comes Ingo” is a special visual story designed for mindful parents and inventive children to bond and share open-ended creative experiences together.
“Here Comes Ingo” invites the reader to add to the story by painting, drawing, and writing ON the page, thus encouraging children to appreciate and include the arts in their daily lives to create new meaning, test their comfort zone, and take risks.
This detail-packed picture book presents the multi-layered tale of Ingo, a scarlet macaw who, bored sitting on her eggs, drifts off to sleep and dreams of flying into the lush tropical rain forest she calls home.
Ingo’s dream reveals a new world of possibilities, full of surreal and unexpected encounters.
With every turn of the page, charming and detailed collages amount to surprising compositions, gently directing children toward the inspiration they need to add to Ingo’s story and make this book their own.
All the reader needs is the willingness to tap into their creativity and to let their imagination soar!
- Here Comes Ingo is a stunning visual story about a female macaw’s elaborate dream with underlying themes of love, tolerance, kindness, and inclusion and will make an excellent addition to any storybook collection.
- This wordless picture book is a great example of the benefits of art in early childhood development. The book encourages children to switch seats with the illustrator via painting, coloring and drawing directly ON the page inviting them to tap into their creativity and include process art in their daily lives in order to search for and create new meaning, test their comfort zone and take risks.
- IndieReader Approved
- Creative Child Magazine 2019 Book of the Year
- The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
- Mom’s Choice Gold Award Winner
- Hardcover: 34 pages
- Publisher: Outskirts Press (January 12, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1977207197
- ISBN-13: 978-1977207197
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 0.2 x 8.5 inches
About the Maker Mama
Known mostly for her unique brand of mixed media on canvas, Odeta Xheka is an artist, writer, poet, and debuting picture book creator. Her creative nonfiction can be found at Mutha Magazine, Literary Mama, and Her View From Home among other online publications.
Her book, Here Comes Ingo, is IndieReader Approved and 2019 Book of the Year by Creative Child Magazine. You can learn more about her work at Odeta Xheka Visuals.